Important Information for ALL League Secretaries
Making things work betterWe need your assistance in making your NCUSBCA Board of Directors work the best for you and your bowlers. Please tell your bowlers what the board members do and ask them to let us know how we can assist the league or bowling center better! If you want to have an association board representative attend one of your league organizational or regular meetings please invite us. We are here to assist you and we don't charge a fee, EVER. Ask them to attend the Annual Open Meeting. We need to know what they are thinking and what they would like to see happen. If they do not speak up, how can their voices be heard?
Duties of a League SecretaryAll league secretaries please review USBC Rule 102e (Duties of the Secretary) in the USBC Playing Rules. If you do not have a copy of the USBC Playing Rules, you can download one HERE. A quick snapshot of rule changes for the 2020-2021 season can be viewed HERE. There are also mobile copies for use on your Android, Apple and Windows devices. If you do not have access to the Internet please contact any Board member so we can get you a paperback copy.
The following 5 items are VERY important to everyone involved:
- League Certification application: Please ensure that you specify the correct Lane Condition Designation (Sport, Challenge, or Standard/House) on your league certification application (based on definitions in USBC Rule 200a). A summary of new USBC Rule changes can be found in the 2019-2020 USBC Playing Rules book.
- Please ensure that EVERYONE who bowls in your league fills out a membership card and that the correct dues are collected.
Even if they only bowl a single game! Regular as well as Subs. If their score is counted, a membership card MUST be completed.
Failure to certify a bowler will result in league game forfeitures.
- ALL membership cards and League Certification applications MUST be submitted to the Association Manager within 30 days of the start of the league, or the member joining the league.
- Please submit all awards within 20 days of the bowler's achievement.
- Please submit ALL bowler averages to the Association Manager as soon as your league finishes. As of August 1, 2019, USBC Rule 102e (Item 9) REQUIRES that averages be reported to the Association Manager within 15 days of the completion of your league. Note that games bowled for Sweepers and Position Rounds must be included in the computation of the bowlers average.
Cost of USBC Membership for the 2020 - 2021 season have not changedThe dues/fee for USBC Adult Standard Membership for the 2020 - 2021 season is $25.00 for Adults ($13 National, $2 State, and $10 local).
For Youth, the dues/fee is $11.00 ($4 USBC, $7 awards & expenses). Local Association fees for ALL Non NCUSBC members are $10.00 for Adults and $5.00 for Youth. Please be sure your league members pay the correct amount.
All members of the Board of Directors want to find ways to improve the flow of information to League Secretaries and association Members.
We are offering the option for League Secretaries and all NC USBC Members to sign up to receive e-
And, NO, we WILL NOT share/give/publish/divulge your email address. This is STRICTLY for us to get Association information to you and YOU to get information to us.
Contact usThe ENTIRE North County USBC Association Board of Directors looks forward to another exciting year. We are here to serve ALL the Bowlers of our Association. All day. Every day. If we can be of any assistance, please contact a member of the Board. Contact information for all Board members is available Here. Just click on the name of the person you wish to contact and send them an email. Or, if you see us in your center/league, say hi and tell us what is on your mind.
Your North County USBC Association Board of Directors